Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Math Freebie - Fraction Task Card

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
I've been working on a variety of resources for my class this semester. The resource this week was created entirely around some new graphics I found. If you haven't been to Pink Cat Studio, be sure to stop by and see what she has to offer. I found these great graphics of birds and decided to use them to work on fractional parts of a set. I created a set of task cards that can be used for centers, write the room activities, or Scoot. An answer key is included.

There are 16 cards using an image of birds in a tree. The denominator for the fractions generated is 8. There are 8 cards with a small group of penguins. The denominator for the fractions generated is 6. Finally, there are 8 cards with a small group of chicks. The denominator for the fractions generated is also 6.

Here's what they look like. Please note that you can download small or large sized versions of the cards.
I hope you get a chance to use this in your home or classroom. Please let me know if you try this and how your kids like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment