Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Math Freebies - Domino Problem Solving

This week's freebie is a domino problem solving activity. Here's the introduction.
Nine dominoes from a set were placed on a table, some horizontally, some vertically. When the pattern was drawn on paper, the lines showing the individual dominoes were not recorded. Can you determine the arrangement of the dominoes? 
The file includes a set of dominoes so that students can work with them to determine the final arrangement.
Download Domino Dance. If you like this activity, leave me a note and let me know. I might be inclined to make some more!

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea. I am curious to see if my daughter can figure it out. Visiting from Math Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I found it on pinterest. I will be sharing it with my fellow teachers next year - thanks!

    ReplyDelete