Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Visual Literacy - Amazing Earth Infographic

I spend time with my preservice teachers sharing strategies for developing students' visual literacy skills. Analyzing good examples can be a powerful way to help them understand how important these skills are. Here's one of my favorites. It is an "infographic" showing the Earth's surface from the tallest mountain to the deepest trench. I have two words of advice--keep scrolling!

Our Amazing Planet explores Earth from its peaks to it mysterious depths.

Source OurAmazingPlanet.com, Exploring the wonder and beauty of planet Earth through exclusive news, features and images.

To learn more about this topic, check out the site Visual Literacy K-8 and the book Developing Visual Literacy in Science, K-8.

1 comment:

  1. This is really cool. I would love to see it put up on a wall in a classroom.

    ReplyDelete